What is mass finishing ?
Mass finishing also called trovalisation, vibropolishing, tumbling or microfinition, incorporates techniques such as polishing , deburring,fr, brightening, rayonage, deoxidation…
Mass finishing was inspired by natural phenomena :
Regular flow of water from a river or the ebb and flow of the sea turns rough stones into pebbles perfectly polished.
The needed ingredients are in these processes :
- Abrasive media or polishing,,fr,Liquid additives,,fr,pasta or powders,,fr,in general vibration or rotation,,fr,and the surface condition obtained depend on the composition and size of the media,,fr,Abrasive media or polishing,,fr,Liquid additives,,fr,pasta or powders,,fr,in general vibration or rotation,,fr,and the surface condition obtained depend on the composition and size of the media,,fr (ceramic, Porcelain, plastic, metal).
- Les additifs liquides, pâtes ou poudres.
- Equipment (vibrators, centrifuges…) that generate movements between the chips and parts.
- quality water adapted to the process (in general).
The parts to be polished or deburred are introduced into a chamber that contains abrasive ; this chamber is set in motion (en général vibration ou rotation).
The removal of material, quality of polishing  and the surface condition obtained depend on the composition and size of the media,fr; as well, speed settings and cycle time are fundamental.
Our technical laboratory-team is available to assist you reactively.
Polishing , deburring,fr , radiusing, deoxidation, smoothing, degreasing, sandblasting , blasting, surface cleaning, descaling, correspond to the different possible applications of this method using friction between the chips and parts .
Please find a description relative to mass finishing basics
A page “"glossary"” will allow you to better understand some technical terms.
Feel free to ask the advice of our technicians.
- The basics of the vibrator 
- The basics of vibrator setting 
- The main rules of operation of the vibrator 
- Surface treatment glossary 
- Mass finishing guide 
- Mass finishing checklist 
- Mass finishing main applications 
- How to choose abrasive chips ? 
- How to choose mass finishing compounds ? 
- Which are the limits of vibrators ? 
- The bases of the magnetic polishing